Fish maw is a precious food that is as famous as abalone, bird’s nest and sea cucumber, and it is one of precious dried seafood. From the point of view of traditional Chinese medicine, fish maw has the function of nourishing. The nutritional value of fish maw is very high. It is regarded as a beauty treasure for women and a supplement for men. It is suitable for both men, women and children. Fish Maw is suitable for regular consumption, because it is a good product to replenish body.
The main components of fish maw are high-grade collagen, various vitamins, calcium, zinc, iron and other trace elements. The protein content of fish maw is as high as 84.2%, but the fat is only 0.2%. It is an ideal high-protein and low-fat food.
Benefits of Fish Maw
- Physical recovery
Fish maw is extremely high in protein and low in fat, making it a great supplement to your stamina. People who just after surgery, after giving birth or the elderly need to eat fish maw more often. Because fish maw has the ability to help wounds heal.
- Beauty care
Collagen is absolutely essential to maintain smooth skin. There is a lot of collagen in fish maw, and regular consumption of fish maw helps replenish the lost/missing collagen in human skin. It can supplement the nutrients needed by human skin and relieve the problems of sagging, wrinkles and dryness caused by skin aging.
- Boost immunity
In addition to protein, fish maw is also rich in amino acids, which can promote and enhance the body’s synthesis of immunoglobulins. It can help the body to enhance physical strength and immunity, and fight against the invasion of bacteria and viruses.
- Prevent bone degeneration
Fish Maw can nourish bones and improve joint pain or soft soreness of waist and knee caused by kidney deficiency, etc.
How to choose a good maw?
Color is very important, be sure to choose transparent color, no black blood marks. In addition, it is best to choose a thicker body, so as to ensure that the body after the hair is large.
Recipe 1: Braised Mushrooms with Fish Maw
Ingredients: Fish Maw, Mushrooms (8 pcs), Corn Flour, Dried Garlic, Rock Sugar (10g), Sesame Oil (a little), Oyster Sauce (2 tsp), Soy Sauce (2 tsp)
- Cut the soaked maw straight in half with a knife.
- Remove the stems of the mushrooms and rub the surface with a little cornstarch. Let it sit for a while and rinse off with water.
- Wipe dry and reserve. Reserve the water in which the mushrooms were soaked and add water to about 1.5 cups.
- Sauté the minced garlic in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Pour in the water for soaking the mushrooms and a little rock sugar, cover and bring to a boil, turn to medium-low heat, and simmer until the mushrooms are soft, about 30-45 minutes.
- Put sesame oil, oyster sauce, and soy sauce in an empty bowl, stir well, and set aside.
- Add the maw and continue to cook for 15 minutes. Pour in the freshly prepared sauce, cook until the consistency you like, and serve hot!
Recipe 2: Braised Chicken with Cordyceps Fish Maw
Ingredients: Fish Maw, Cordyceps, Chicken, Ham
- Put the soaked fish maw and chicken into boiling water and drag them to drain.
- Wash Cordyceps sinensis, add fish maw, chicken, ham, and water into a stew pot, cover and simmer for about two hours, then enjoy!
Recipe 3: Fish Maw Tremella and Red Dates Syrup
Ingredients: Fish Maw, Tremella, Red Date, Rock Sugar
- Soak fish maw and white fungus in advance; wash red dates.
- Add the fish maw and water to the stew pot and cook for three hours, add the white fungus, and cook for about 1 hour.
- Add red dates, wait for about 20 minutes, and then add rock sugar.
- Once the rock sugar is completely melted, enjoy!
Recipe 4: Mushroom Fish Maw Chicken Porridge
Ingredients: Fish Maw, Shiitake Mushroom, Cabbage, White Rice, Brown Rice, Red Quinoa, Carrot
- Soak the gelatin in advance. Mushrooms and brown rice were also soaked in water the night before.
- Cut the maw into small pieces. Slice mushrooms, shred carrots and cabbage, and cut chicken breast into small pieces.
- Put all the ingredients in a pot, add water, and the water should cover all the ingredients.
- When it comes to a boil, open the lid and cook over medium-low heat for another 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and simmer for ten minutes, and you’re done!
Fish Maw Soaking method:
Soaking: Put the fish maw in a clean container, pour in water, and soak for 24 hours.
Steaming: Put the fish maw in the stewing pot and steam for 15 minutes, rinse and set aside.
*If not eaten/cooked immediately, it needs to be stored in the refrigerator to keep fresh
There are no reviews yet.