[2 BOXES@70gm] HUANG SHAN “Emperor’s Yellow Chrysanthemum” 70gm 黄山贡菊王
This Huang Shan – “Emperor’s Yellow Chrysanthemum” is a rare chrysanthemum type that was originally cultivated exclusively for the Emperor of China during the Ming Dynasty.
In modern times, this Emperor’s Yellow Chrysanthemum has become available to anyone willing to pay it’s price. It’s a low yield flower and only picked in the spring from certain villages in Huang Shan at an altitude of 700-900 meters.
This varietal is simply the best in terms of taste, aroma and medicinal value.
In traditional Chinese medicine, the efficacy of chrysanthemum tea are as follow:
- Can aid in the prevention of sore throat and promote the reduction of fever.
- An aid in recovery from influenza, acne and as a “cooling” herb.
- To clear the liver and the eyes.
- To be effective in treating eye pain associated with stress or yin/fluid deficiency.
- It is used to treat blurring, spots in front of the eyes, diminished vision, and dizziness.
- Good for liver that is associated with the element ‘Wood’ which rules the eyes and is associated with anger, stress, and related emotions.
Taste: It is very refreshing with a natural sweet fragrance and taste.
Preparation: Use 3-5pcs flowers per 250ml of water. Heat water to 90-95℃ and steep for 1-3 minutes. It’s better to use glass cup to see the blooming of infusing.
This tea is very refreshing and good for multiple infusions. Serves well hot or cold.
You can also mix with (and brew together) other teas, like ripe pu-erh, raw pu-erh, black tea or even white tea! In addition, can add in goji berry to enhance the efficacy. You can add in rock sugar/sugar if preferred.
There are no reviews yet.